Career Level Licensed
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 1012
No. of Openings 1
DRIVE YOUR CAREER WITH INLAND
Inland Group (Inland Kenworth) is an industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1400 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
This position is located at our service dealership in Fort St. John, BC
The Heavy Duty Equipment Field Technician will be responsible for travelling to customers’ locations and repairing and maintaining heavy duty equipment including construction and forestry equipment.
- Travels to customer locations to repair and maintain heavy duty equipment.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Analyzes customers’ equipment performance complaints, diagnoses cause of any malfunctions, and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Examines assigned equipment to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Tests equipment when required.
- Maintains company service truck, ensuring it is kept clean and in good repair, including keeping the MVI current.
- Becomes familiar with and complies with the company’s Health & Safety Manual.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Qualification as a Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Technician essential, Red Seal Journeyperson preferred
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic Computer skills to access and utilize required computer systems and tools
- Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 kgs or 50 lbs.
- Valid Drivers’ License and must be able to drive service truck to customer’s location
- Must have the mobility to easily access and egress equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime when required.
CANADA BENEFIT PACKAGE
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team of professionals, we invite you to apply today
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!