Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 23963
No. of Openings 1
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Komatsu Mining brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide.
Komatsu Mining is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Komatsu Mining’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment.
Komatsu Mining Corp. offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package (dental, prescription drug, health spending account, paramedical, medical, vision)
- Registered Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Company supplied tools
- Ability to be a part of an exciting innovative company developing new state of the art technology and equipment
We are currently looking to add a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician, Shop to our Sudbury, ON location at: 260 Fielding Road, Lively, ON.
Reports to: Service Manager
Location: Lively, ONT
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation
- Inspects equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis; adjust equipment & repair/replace parts components or systems according to scopes of work.
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance.
- Commission new equipment.
- Provide customer training as required.
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, etc.
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures customer satisfaction within area of primary responsibility.
- Complies with Joy Global safety policies and applicable regulatory, customer or industry requirements.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Joy Global products.
Skills & Qualifications
- Red Seal Journeyman Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (HDET421A) is required.
- Experience and ability to work underground is required.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and driven to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work varied shift schedules, including night shifts and overtime as required.
- Ability to travel as required.
Komatsu Mining offers an excellent benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
No agency or candidate phone calls please.
Komatsu Mining Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.