Career Level Ticket
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Rate $44.96 per hour
HD Mechanic Certified, Chase, British Columbia
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a HD Mechanic Certified in Chase. Starting rate for this position is $44.96 per hour.
Who We Are Interfor is a growth-oriented and safety focused lumber company with 4 sawmills in BC and a total of 29 mills across North America. We have an annual production capacity of approximately 5 billion board feet and provide sustainable and environmentally friendly forest products to our customers around the world.
What We Offer
Work-Life Balance: Work schedules that allow you to be home each night. Compensation: Competitive wage and benefits. Benefits plan includes: extend health and dental, life and disability, short- and long-term disability, pension, EAP and profit sharing. Career Growth: Training, development, and growth opportunities in a stable environment. Culture: Interfor builds value for employees by providing a career where they contribute, grow and prosper. We bring out the best in our employees by offering long-term, rewarding careers supported by training and education, opportunities for promotion, and great benefits. We’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
What You’ll Do
The Heavy-Duty Mechanic repairs, overhauls, maintains and services diesel-powered forklifts, heavy equipment (loaders), and sidewinder boats. Other duties include diagnosing equipment problems, determining repairs needed and demonstrating continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner while following all safety rules and regulations
- Fabricate, construct, and install, and repairs equipment and machinery
- Diagnose equipment problems and determine repairs needed
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Repair, overhaul, maintain, and service diesel powered heavy equipment and propane powered forklifts
- Repair, overhaul, maintain and service fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling systems, air conditioning systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems, major internal engine repairs or overhaul, installation and alignment of engines and machinery
- Repair, overhaul, maintain and service drive trains and final drives, hydraulic transmissions, power take-offs, tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, vehicle brake systems, wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering.
What You Offer
- Strong safety background
- Ability to follow safety protocols
- Ability to meet physical demands including walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Completion of vocational or technical training with a ticket as a Heavy-Duty Technician coupled with 2 years on the job experience.
- Knowledge of operation of front-end loaders, forklifts, and other pieces of heavy equipment
- Knowledge of truck and equipment safety
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage procedures
- Knowledge of record keeping systems
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.