Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Department Mine Operations
Haul Truck Driver
Company Background and Culture
Taseko Mines is a dynamic international mining company, headquartered in Vancouver. Our strategy is to grow our company through developing our pipeline of high-quality advanced stage projects.
Taseko owns (75%) and operates the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine in central British Columbia. Gibraltar is the second largest open pit copper mine in Canada and has a 700 person workforce. Gibraltar has a long mine life and produces an average of 140 million pounds of copper and 2.5 million pounds of molybdenum per year.
The company has recently completed construction of a US$25 million demonstration plant at its Florence Copper Project in Arizona. Florence Copper is a unique in-situ copper recovery project which, when in production, will significantly increase Taseko’s copper production. Engineering, design and permitting activities are underway in preparation for the 25-year commercial production phase of the project.
With the recent acquisition of Yellowhead Mining, Taseko has added a large, long-life copper project to its development portfolio. The deposit, located 150km north of Kamloops, BC, is similar to the Gibraltar Mine deposit and the company is preparing to take the steps necessary to advance the technical and permitting work required to move the project towards production.
In addition to the activities underway at Florence Copper and Yellowhead, Taseko continues engineering, permitting and environmental assessment related activities at its Aley niobium project in north central BC. For more information on Taseko visit our website at https://www.tasekomines.com.
- Conducts pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Risk Assessments for daily activities.
- Perform all haul truck activities including loading at electric rope shovels and front end loaders, hauling and dumping & operate the haul trucks safely and efficiently to meet production targets.
- Maintain operators cab cleanliness, complete documentation as required and interact with WENCO dispatch system.
- Work as part of a team and communicate effectively with supervisors, dispatchers, other haul truck operators, shovel operators, dozer operators and support equipment operators.
- Understand and follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as required.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Ability to sit for up to 11 hours and to perform repetitive tasks.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 20-40 lbs. to shoulder height 2-4 times/shift and able to work primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Canadian Driver’s License.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
At Taseko, we pride ourselves in offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our employees have the opportunity for career and professional growth through development, education, and succession plan programs.
In addition, our compensation benefit package includes competitive salaries and vacation packages, Health and Insurance benefit program, and Retirement Savings Plan.
If you are qualified for the position posted and are interested in being part of reshaping the future of Taseko Mines Limited, please contact us either through our website at https://www.tasekomines.com