Career Level Certification
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 1642
No. of Openings 1
Western Forest Products is looking for Grapple Yarder Operator to join our Mid Island Forest Operations located in Menzies Bay, BC.
This is an hourly United Steel Worker (USW) union position with wage rate of $38.63 per hour.
This position is currently on a 6×3 shift, 6 days on and 3 days off, 8.6 hours per day.
This role is considered safety sensitive – all successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment drug test
**$3,000 Signing Bonus Available. Conditions apply, more information upon application**
- Must be fully qualified with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in BC Coastal Logging.
- First aid training/WHMIS preferred (valid Level 3 First Aid ticket a definite asset).
- Excellent safety record and strong work ethic.
- You are a highly motivated team player with excellent skills in relation to time management and prioritizing.
- You have creative and innovative thinking and logical problem solving, verified by your references who confirm you as a person that is accountable and dependable.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as part of a team and with minimal supervision.
*** Please include reference contacts when you apply.
LIVE WORK PLAY
Vancouver Island is home to some of Canada’s best and most beautiful places to live, not to mention the climate is one of the warmest. The central island region experiences warm summers coupled with some of the mildest winters in all of Canada.
If you are considering moving to Vancouver Island, you will find one of the most unique and special places in all of Canada. Surrounded by mountain ranges, rainforests and the Pacific Ocean, the lifestyle here is rich in nature, outdoor activity, and wildlife. No matter what quaint and welcoming area you choose to call home, you’ll find a relaxing lifestyle with amazing places to explore.
In particular, discover Campbell River and the surrounding areas as a great place to live work and play: Click Here.
Western Forest Products is a leading forest products company that manufactures high-quality wood products and sustainably manages forests. Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia with operations in the coastal region of B.C. and Washington State, Western meets the needs of customers worldwide with a specialty wood products focus and diverse product offering. Our large investment in manufacturing and progressive approach to safe and sustainable forestry practices ensures the health and prosperity of our business, forests and communities for generations to come.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.