Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID GENER007613
No. of Openings 1
Department Operations & Production
West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company and named for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Slave Lake Veneer, a division of West Fraser, located in Slave Lake Alberta, is continuously looking for talented hard working individuals.
You may submit your resume for consideration to this general position for upcoming employment opportunities. Your application will be kept on file for when a relevant opening arises at Slave Lake Veneer. It is recommended you visit our website regularly and apply specifically for positions you are interested in as they are posted.
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for people who want to build their career in our Company.
Our ideal candidates will possess:
- Grade 12 diploma
- Desire to learn, grow and succeed
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and crew building skills
- The flexibility to work all shifts or weekend clean-up.
- Valid driver’s license
The following will be considered assets:
- Experience working in an manufacturing and/or industrial environment
Slave Lake Veneer is continuously looking for individuals who are interested in a full time long-term career or weekend clean-up. We offer an excellent compensation package including: a competitive wage, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities.
To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page and upload your resume.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Behaviors Required
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Motivations Preferred
- Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.