Career Level Journeyman
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 23506
No. of Openings 1
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Komatsu Mining brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide.
Komatsu Mining is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Komatsu Mining’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment
Komatsu Mining Corp. offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package (dental, prescription drug, health spending account, paramedical, medical, vision)
- Registered Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Company supplied tools
- Ability to be a part of an exciting innovative company developing new state of the art technology and equipment
We are currently looking to add a General Foreman to our Mechanical and Machine Shop – Sparwood, BC team.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Shift: 4×3 – 10 hours/day – OT eligible
Location: Sparwood, BC
- Work with the regional leadership team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Coordinate allocation of workforce and machine tools, work with inventory group for parts and critical spares, facilitate effective organization and flow of jobs to optimize completion of projects, including reassignment of resources due to delays.
- Assume overall responsibility for shop management, overseeing two Lead Hands and all shop personnel (Mechanics, Machinists, Labourers).
- Ensure timecards are submitted daily. Review Utilization with Operations Manager weekly.
- Scheduling all production jobs in alignment with the priorities set by the Operations Manager, including:
- Coordinate adjusting the team’s schedules with the Foremen and lead hands
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting the team’s schedules as needed with approval from the Operations Manager
- Monitoring product standards and enforcing quality-controls by working closely with team members
- Support QC Specialist in all aspects including cost control, 6S initiatives, Lean principles, cost of quality, Kaizen events, Non-conformance documentation, corrective actions, and document control.
Skills & Qualifications
- Journeyman, Heavy Duty Mechanic, Machinist, Millwright; with a Mechanical and Machining aptitude.
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of supervisory experience in the heavy equipment industry with shop exposure and field repair capabilities.
- Experience with planning/scheduling.
- Ability to multi-task and meet objectives/deliverables.
- Ability to mentor and lead a team of trades personnel.
- Results-oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter; with ability to handle change.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Projects and SAP.
- Report writing capabilities in various systems, including application-based interfaces.
- Safety legislation training.
Komatsu Mining offers an excellent benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
No agency or candidate phone calls please.
Komatsu Mining Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.