Career Level Red Seal
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Reporting to the Processing Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, the Gasfitter/Plumber is qualified to design, install, test, adjust, maintain, and repair lines, appliances, equipment and accessories in various sectors. Appliances and equipment include those that do not exceed 400,000 BTUh of 120KW such as boilers, burners, makeup air units, furnaces, process burners and various other gas-fired equipment. Plumbers, install, repair and maintain pipes, fixtures and other plumbing equipment used for water distribution and wastewater disposal in residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Install, maintain, and repair water and waste disposal systems
- Install and maintain process piping and all HVAC units
- Diagnose all system problems
- Disassemble and reassemble system components as required
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Gasfitter Certification and Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Plumber Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of basic computer systems (Microsoft Office®)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and project specifications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Small Water and Small Waste Water systems ticket would be an asset
- Experience in a mining environment is an asset
- Able to work cross functionally
We offer the chance to live and work in the Rocky Mountains, where year-round recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, and biking are unlimited. This position works an attractive Monday to Friday day shift schedule with every second Friday off, allowing for plenty of work/life balance. Add to this, challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada’s largest diversified resource company and we think you’ll find what you’re looking for.
Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Retirement Package
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.