Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Department Repairs and Maintenance
Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta and administrative office in Fort McMurray, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
- Position: Fuel & Lube Technician
- Type: Full Time
- Location: Suncor Fort Hills
- Schedule: 14/14
- Competitive market rates
- Vacation pay at 6% – paid out bi-weekly upon start date
- Health & Dental and Long-Term Disability Benefits– eligible after 3 months of continuous service
- $500 health spending account – 100% employer paid
- Employer paid Insurances
- RPP (Registered Pension Plan) with company matching
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program
- Progression and development opportunities
- Safety Recognition
- Years of Service Recognition – Annual
- Bouchier welcome gift and company swag
- Overtime available but not guaranteed
- Accommodations provided
- Flights from Edmonton/Calgary hub
The Fuel and Lube Technician is responsible for changing engine oils and lubricating running gears or moving parts of automobiles, trucks, and/or heavy equipment. They monitor inventories of fuel, oil filters, lube oils, greases, and other service items.
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazards Assessments for all activities.
- Safe operation of fuel delivery units.
- Check and adjust fluid levels of mobile mining equipment which includes but is not limited to: diesel, coolant, washer fluid, grease and oil.
- Check and adjust level of fluid levels of lighting plants, generators, mobile welding equipment and air compressors and flameless heaters.
- Application of grease with manual pump to non-auto-lube locations. Including but not limited to the refilling of auto lubrication systems and filling of manual grease point locations.
- Proactively observe repairs needed and reporting any unsafe conditions.
- Delivery of fuel and lube to various equipment
- Completing equipment inspections, report repairs required and assist in scheduling these repairs.
- Perform minor repairs to grease points.
- Keep accurate log of fuel and lube distribution to each unit.
- Tracking and maintaining inventory of service kits, lubes, oils and other supplies
- Coordinate equipment service activities efficiently and effectively
- Be a leader of both safety and production for the team by ensuring compliance with all company, client, and legislated safety policies and procedures
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous fuel and lube tech experience is preferred
- Minimum one-year open pit mining experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience in equipment servicing.
- Minimum of class 5 driver’s license with ‘Q’ endorsement and a clean drivers abstract. (class 3 driver’s license a definite asset)
- CSTS and OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO (Basic Safety Orientation before December 31, 2018) or CSO (Common Safety Orientation after January 1, 2019)
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision or as part of a team
- Ability to work at heights
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of your safety tickets and drivers abstract.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until suitable candidate is found. Typically, our postings stay open for 2 weeks.
Please apply online: Via: bouchier.ca/careers
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/
The Bouchier Group would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!