Career Level General Labour
Experience Entry Level
Posting ID FORKL001785
No. of Openings 1
Why Work with BC Tree Fruits?
Agriculture has been foundational to the development of the Okanagan Valley and at BC Tree Fruits, we want to continue that legacy as the Valley grows and evolves. BC Tree Fruits has been bringing the communities of the Okanagan Valley together with our delicious, top of the line fruits since 1936, something we will continue to do for decades to come. The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 500 employees, and operates multiple facilities. Our 300 plus LOCAL grower families work together in the BC Tree Fruits Cooperative as part of a larger community. Each grower nurtures their orchards to create the best possible fruit, and by supporting our growers we get to watch the local agriculture COMMUNITY thrive.
Throughout our 85 years in the business, a lot has changed but people’s love for FRESH local Okanagan Fruit is not one of them! The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is ‘turning a new leaf’ and is ready to take on the challenges and opportunities of our ever-evolving industry. New technologies have allowed for fruit to be in season all year long, making our business more stable and reliable than ever. As we learnt this past year, certain things are essential, and others are not. Our business at BC Tree Fruits is essential and we need devoted and passionate people to join our team. So if fresh, local, and community driven are important values to you, we would encourage you to consider a career at BC Tree Fruits.
The Forklift Operator is responsible for stacking and moving bins, loading or unloading packed fruit from the trucks, loading bins onto or off of equipment, and loading or unloading trucks (bins, supplies). Forklift drivers are also scheduled at times as stackers and used in the stacking room. All duties must be performed in a safe manner to ensure compliance with government regulations, industry standards and customer requirements to ensure both food and workers safety. This position will be working out of our Oliver/ South locations.
- Follow all pertinent food safe and safe work procedures as required
- To load, unload, stack and move bins and pallets of packed fruit and supplies
- To load and unload trucks
- At times, nest bins and perform light bin repair duties
- Safe and efficient operation of the lift truck at all times
- Understanding the requirements of the job and maintaining records pertaining to the job
- Any other duties assigned within the nature of the job
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have valid forklift certification
- Have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Have the aptitude to operate equipment and carry out general lift truck maintenance.
- Meet all physical requirements based on the demands of the job.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all employees and management.
- Have a good work record and above average attendance.
- Be comfortable working with and around machinery in a team environment.
- Must be able to work all shifts as required.
BC Tree Fruits thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Visit www.bctreefruits.com for more information on the cooperative and future employment opportunities.
Please reference mytrades.ca in your application to this job posting!