Career Level Foreman
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID R8164
No. of Openings 1
You are a Foreperson with field operations experience in construction and telecommunications/utility installation projects. In this role, you will work independently or as part of a team to execute project plans and schedules, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget. You will manage quality control and review and manage project performance, while simultaneously ensuring safety, and delegating work to field staff, contractors, and trades people.
Come join Ledcor Technical Services in Calgary, AB today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety, and environmental protections on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S/OSHA Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Leads a team of 2 – 6 employees in the planning, execution, and billing of a project
- Trains, supports and offers guidance to new hires
- Ensures project schedules are met while maintaining company standards in regard to quality protocols
- Ensures that all tailboards, timesheets, driver’s logbooks, and billing are handed in on time
- Ensures compliance with municipality hours of work, traffic protection, environmental standards, traffic bylaws, and restoration standards
- Manages escalations and provides exceptional customer service to clients related to quality, work performed, standards, etc.
- Oversees all client specific requirements based on contract requirements
- 2 – 5 years of utility construction experience as a Superintendent or Foreman, overseeing multiple project locations simultaneously
- Good understanding of current construction practices and field concepts, practices, and procedures (including OSP)
- Telecom experience an asset
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Ability to operate industry specific equipment such as directional drills, vibratory plows, vac trucks, small excavators, skid steers, backhoes and road cut saws
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others, including the supervision of subcontractors
- Effective organizational and planning skills; proven experience organizing workloads, managing multiple priorities, and working with multiple deadlines
- Aptitude for learning new technology and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Outlook
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with protocol and practices of large telecommunications providers
- Ability to read and understand civil construction drawings
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license and driver’s abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements and security clearance process
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated)
- Travel to various sites across Alberta is required
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.