Career Level Certification
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID UNI162
No. of Openings 1
We are looking for a hardworking, committed individual who is interested in taking on a Health and Safety role on our site in Cranbrook.
We are looking for someone who has their First Aid Level 2 or has their First Aid Level 1 and is interested in pursuing their Level 2. Unitech will pay for training expenses
Unitech Construction Management is committed to creating the ideal client experience and providing a fun and inclusive work environment for our employees. We have been in the construction management industry for 33 years and are experiencing extensive growth. We are looking for hardworking, committed individuals who add value to our client projects
Unitech believes in investing in our employees. Commit to the organization, and in turn we will accommodate your needs to the best of our ability. We also offer a vast range of benefits to take care of our employees. Join our team and receive:
Unitech will cover 100% of any work-related education.
Our benefits are unique. Instead of your typical percentage of benefits coverage, we provide you with a pre-paid visa in which covers all your medical needs at 100%.
We believe that we are all one big family and team. Collaboration is our number one priority. Not only on our construction site, but at our company events too.
*This is a full-time role. Unitech fosters growth and career development and provides the opportunity and education for employees to succeed*
- You will be allocated to a site and completing all safety related tasks, including field level hazard assessments and ensuring all workers on site are following proper procedures
- Providing medical aid to those injured workers on site
- Oversee any health and safety investigations on site/toolbox talks
- Potentially participate in the Joint Occupational Health and Safety committee
- Train new and young workers/trades on current safety practices
- Other duties if necessary
*As the safety portion of this work is not full time you will be assisting doing “on the tools” work on the construction site including site housekeeping, moving materials, framing and other tasks depending on experience and capabilities*
- Minimum Level 1 First Aid
- Understanding of safety code rules and regulations
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Ability to work efficiently with a service-oriented attitude, courtesy, tact, and diplomacy under stressful situations with constant interruption.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to effectively manage time, responsibilities, and priorities.
- Previous first aid experience in the construction industry an asset
- Certified Level 2 First Aid Attendant is an asset
- Certificate in traffic control (Flagging) is an asset
- A technical understanding of the construction industry preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age.