Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 21361
No. of Openings 1
Provide technical support for KAILLC customers. Coordinate and perform machine installations, relocations, demonstrations, trainings, inspection/maintenance, modifications, trouble shootings, and/or repair of Komatsu industrial machinery products. Promote Service and Parts sales to assigned customers through continuous contacts and communications. Report and feed-back customers’ opinion including dissatisfaction, safety issues and/or machine performance problems etc.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate and perform inspection/maintenance, modifications, trouble shootings, and/or repair of Komatsu industrial machinery products at customers’ sites. Coordinate and supervise sub-contractors and/or the customer’s maintenance personnel, if necessary. Report and feed-back customers’ opinion including dissatisfaction, safety issues and/or machine performance problems etc. for future improvement.
- Coordinate and perform machine installation, relocation, demonstration, and training of Komatsu industrial machinery products at customers’ sites. Coordinate and supervise sub-contractors and/or the customer’s maintenance personnel, if necessary.
- Provide technical phone support for trouble shooting and/or repair.
- Promote Service & Parts sales by contacting customers in the assigned territory and scheduling regular PM service to both new and existing customers.
- Contact and communicate with customers regularly to develop, maintain and strengthen the relationship with them.
- High school education and more than 3 years of additional technical school education or equivalent industry related experience (Mechanical, and/or Electrical etc.). Associate Degree with emphasis in Mechanical, Electrical, or Fluid Dynamics is preferable for mid-size press service.
- Ability to travel more than 70% of the time. Flexibility to travel on short notice as well.
- Ability to travel to and from both the primary worksite as well as multiple customer locations (in the event of back-to-back jobs). Locations may be out-of-state or international.
- A valid US passport and state driver’s license required. US citizenship required for access at some customer locations; no criminal convictions to inhibit international travel.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and to act independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Email or other company provided programs. Prepare quotations for customers, record work hours, expense reports, complete field service reports, schedule future work and follow up communications to customers and management.
- Job management skill to supervise sub-contractors and/or customer’s maintenance personnel.
- Physical Requirements: able to work at heights up to 60 ft, , lift up to 100 lbs., kneeling, squatting, climbing ladders.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.