Career Level Apprentice
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN APPRENTICE
For more than 40 years, Mormak Equipment has been helping quarry and mine owners meet their targets with the most durable, functional and powerful aggregate equipment in western Canada. Based in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in Vernon, BC, we are looking to add to our experienced team and would like to hear from 2nd year Heavy Duty Mechanic or Millwright apprentices to apprentice as a Service Technician. Applicants should have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, produce work of a high quality and have great attention to detail.
- We are looking for a Full-Time Apprentice Heavy Equipment Service Technician.
- Applicants would need to be in the immediate vicinity of Vernon or Chilliwack BC
Duties and Responsibilities When Fully Qualified:
- Provide expert diagnosis and repair of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems on a range of crushing and screening equipment.
- Teardown, re-assemble, commission/ test and trouble-shoot crushing and screening equipment at customer sites or Mormak’s service facility as required
- Execute timely planned work tasks as directed by immediate Supervisor
- Develop professional working relationships with key Customer personnel
- Minimum 2nd year Millwright or Heavy Duty Mechanic (HDM) required.
- Experience as Journey Person, preferably on heavy mobile equipment
- Experience with mobile crushing equipment an asset
- Stick & wire welding an asset
- Safety conscious and comfortable with working in full PPE where required e.g: steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, ear protection, company coveralls, respirator, face shield, welding helmet, gloves etc.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and open to new methods, processes and technologies
- Ability to work independently or within a team under minimal supervision
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Timely completion of Job Reports, timecards and warranty paperwork
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Willing to work overtime, off-shift and weekends (i.e. respond to after-hour customer calls) if and when required
- Willing and able to travel domestically and/or internationally for extended durations if required
- Physical requirements of this position include the ability to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds. Able to perform the following duties for prolonged periods: Bending, walking, kneeling, climbing equipment and stretching.
- Candidates will be required to have proof of full COVID vaccination prior to onboarding as an employee
- Competitive wages based on experience qualifications & skill.
- Extensive medical & dental benefit plans.
- RRSP matching for all qualifying staff
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume by email to email@example.com.
Mormak Equipment Inc is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.