Career Level Management
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
The Operations Manager, Field Service is responsible for the timely delivery of mobile services in their geographic area. Working collaboratively with the stores, customers, regional sales force, dispatch and billing centres you serve and reporting to the Field Service Zone Manager. You will play a key leadership role in the organization’s mobile service performance with a strong focus on off-site operations, financial and inventory management as well as leading organizational initiatives.
You will set the standard for performance excellence in the field by modelling effective leadership behaviours. You will deliver results by creating a diverse and inclusive culture focused on safety and operational standards that drive our competitive advantage throughout the marketplace.
- Competitive wages and Team Share Profit Program + Aim Share.
- Benefits include extended health, dental, vision, employee assistance program, life insurance and RRSP matching program
- Deep discounts on personal vehicle Tires & Services
- Career paths through management training programs
- Drives results and is responsible for the performance of their remote team members relating to efficient service, safety, and culture
- Collaborates with Zone Manager to develop an operations plan; works with Assistant Managers, Field Service to align budgets and plans that support zone and regional targets and establish key performance metrics
- Maintains an active in-field leadership presence for the operation, responsible for continuous improvement of the procedure with overall accountability for results
- Works closely with the Regional Sales Manager to ensure that customer service level agreements are set appropriately and executed accordingly.
- Creates a shared understanding of operational excellence across the team through visible leadership and ensures accountability to and alignment with Kal Tire Way field service operational behaviours
- Assesses the performance of the team through off-site observations. Develops insights through data-driven analysis of financial, operational, and team member engagement reporting. Coaches for improvement and mentors management teams in these practices.
- Analyzes Profit and Loss statements for the operation and implements best practices to grow sales and improve profitability
- Promotes understanding of the vision for Kal Tire and Field Service Operations; ensures alignment between the region, zone, and operation
- Builds a diverse and inclusive team by continually developing management talent to improve managerial performance at the location
- Promotes a culture of accountability for safety, efficient service and customer service across the team
- Effectively maintains a fleet of vehicles through preventative maintenance best practices
- Operations management in an off-site environment and/or oversight of a remote mobile team for a minimum of 3-5 years, leading teams of 20-50 people
- People management
- Proven ability to lead through others
- Success in recruiting, managing and assessing performance, supporting career development, identifying growth potential, driving engagement
Knowledge, skills & Abilities:
- Executing to a corporate standard (Kal Tire operation management & Kal Tire Way operational behaviours)
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintaining the safety culture with strong leadership behaviour
- Create and sustain culture change to ensure accountability for operational excellence
- Ability to achieve efficient service and KPI targets.
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives, and effectively manage off-site team members
- Ability to manage and collaborate across business functions to achieve expected results
- Strong organizational and people management skills
- College or university diploma or degree, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Daily Off-Site visits to Coach, Mentor and train team members in the field/minimum 50% of time spend in the field
- Ability to create dynamic workforce management schedules, 7 days a week 24 hours a day
- Weekend and evening coverage when required
Who is Kal Tire?
Solving our customers’ tire challenges; It’s how we roll – and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened our doors in 1953 in his hometown of Vernon, BC.
Our expertise & our make-it-happen approach to service at our over 260 retail locations have made us a trusted partner for consumers, industries, and fleets large and small across Canada for almost 70 years!
Kal Tire wants to hear from you APPLY TODAY. We thank all applicants for their interest and time spent applying for our roles.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!
For more information about Kal Tire please visit us at www.Kaltire.com/careers and follow us on our socials
Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants.