Career Level Certification
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 1+
Experienced Pipelayers – Minimum 5 Years Experience in Civil Construction
TWINCON ENTERPRISES LTD. in Penticton specializes in civil earthworks, excavation and rock
breaking, drilling and blasting, and subdivision development. We are one of the fastest growing
companies in the South Okanagan, offering 15 years of experience and an extensive inventory of
heavy equipment to match both large and small contracts. We are proud of our professional reputation
for high quality work and safety orientation.
With several projects currently underway in the South Okanagan, we are looking for Experienced
Pipelayers to join our team. The successful application must have a minimum of 5 years experience
in pipe laying and civil construction.
Working under the direct supervision of the Site Superintendent, the Pipelayer installs underground
piping to connect buildings and building sites to water supplies, sewers, and storm water management
systems. For this role, you will be involved in every phase of the construction process and are
responsible for pipe laying, compaction equipment operation and maintenance, site preparation, and
- Performing the installation of pipe with the utmost standards in quality while keeping up with
- Performing daily site assessments, including identification of potential work site hazards.
- Preparing area for pipe installation, performing all necessary excavation preparation including
slope and elevation determination.
- Performing required excavations to create trenches utilizing equipment or when necessary through
- Grading and leveling trench bases using tamping machines or hand tools.
- Making certain all trenches are dug according to construction drawings including adherence to all
specified excavation levels and depths.
- Manually, or with the use of equipment, placing pipe accurately and according to construction
- Placing manholes and catch basins when necessary.
- Properly connecting pipe lengths and seal joints.
- Bedding pipe with required materials and packing materials with required compaction equipment.
Backfilling trenches with required materials upon completion of job.
- Providing manual labor assistance as required.
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in pipe laying and civil construction
- Be able to lead and direct crews in pipe laying operations with minimal supervision
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work
- Be punctual, reliable, and hardworking
- Have a proven safety track record
- Be willing to work extended hours (as needed)
How to Apply:
If you think you would be a great fit for our team, please forward your resume with attached cover letter to us.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!