Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Training Provided Yes
Experienced Commercial Tire Technician
Kal Tire is recruiting for an Experienced Commercial Tire Technician with a focus on providing top service to our customers by performing front shop service, off-site fleet service and roadside assistance. As the ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry, have a passion for people and understand the true value of good customer service. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be willing to drive a Kal Tire’s Service Truck that is outfitted with tools and supplies.
We will provide an extensive paid training program that includes hands-on experience, product and safety training, and opportunities for advancement.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform service work on a wide variety of commercial tires and wheels including removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics.
- Respond to the highway and after-hour night calls on a rotational basis.
- Provide exceptional customer service and exceed every customers’ expectations.
- When not out on road calls, assist with designated in-shop service as directed by the Store Manager.
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety standards and environmental policies while ensuring work is done on time
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-year experience as an operating Service Truck is required.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot.
- Methodical and patient approach with strong attention to detail.
- Team player who is able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height.
- Safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures.
Education and Special Requirements
- A high school diploma is a minimum requirement.
- Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable driving and working at night.
Kal Tire offers a competitive wage, benefits, and RRSP matching program. An accelerated training program will be provided.
“Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants.”