Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 5-7 Years
TWINCON ENTERPRISES LTD. in Penticton specializes in civil earthworks, excavation and rock breaking, drilling and blasting, and subdivision development. We are one of the fastest growing companies in the South Okanagan.
With several projects currently underway in the South Okanagan, we are looking for Experienced Excavator Operators to join our team. For this role, you will have a minimum of 5 years experience in civil construction digging around buried utilities while operating excavators 5 ton – 50 ton (or equivalent).
- General earthworks and shallow and deep underground utility installation
- Accurately and efficiently cutting lines and grades for the installation of sewer, water and conduit mainlines and services
- Excavating within 1m of a live gas pipeline, utility line exposures, debris removal, trenching and digging, excavation of sensitive underground hydro and communication cables
- Fine grading and finishing, sloping and banking, backfilling, demolition, ditching, excavating, stockpiling, and loading
- Communicating any delays, potential hazards, accidents, equipment breakdowns and/or maintenance concerns with the Site Supervisor
- Recording and maintaining daily records
- Completing pre-operation inspections and daily maintenance of equipment
- GPS knowledge
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in civil construction
- Be willing to work outside of the machine when necessary
- Other heavy equipment experience considered an asset
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work
- Be punctual, reliable, and hardworking
- Have a proven safety track record
- Be willing to work extended hours (as needed)
How to Apply:
If you think you would be a great fit for our team, please forward your resume with attached cover letter to us.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!