Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 1404
No. of Openings 1
Western Forest Products is seeking Log Loader Operator with BC coastal logging experience, to join our Mid Island Forest Operations in Campbell River, BC.
The rate of pay is $38.63 per hour and includes a benefit package.
This site runs a continual shift and is a United Steelworkers (USW) operation, and loader operator/hoe chucker’s are currently on a 6×3 shift (6 days on, 3 days off, 8.6 hours per day of straight time).
- The successful applicant will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the past 5 years with BC Coastal Logging.
- Preference is for applicants with a valid OFA Level 3 First Aid Certificate, but all qualified applicants will be considered.
- All applicants must have a valid BC Driver’s license and be able to provide a driver’s abstract with resume.
- Excellent safety record and strong work ethic.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative and innovating thinking, logical problem solving, and a desire to participate in an organization committed to continuous improvement.
- Accountable and dependable.
We strive to support our people in reaching their full potential. We provide a variety of on-the-job training and continuing education in many areas at Western to ensure you have the skills you need to succeed. Our promote-from-within culture recognizes high performance, and we offer diverse career paths across the organization for those with the talent and will to advance.
Western Forest Products is a Canadian forest products company that sustainably manages forests and manufactures high-quality wood products. We are committed to providing the most sustainable building products on the planet. With operations in the coastal region of British Columbia and Washington State, Western Forest Products meets the needs of customers worldwide with a specialty wood products focus and diverse product offering sourced from our secure access to a variety of coastal BC tree species. Our progressive approach to safe and sustainable forestry practices and large investment in manufacturing ensures the health and prosperity of our forests, communities and business for generations to come.
We provide equal opportunity in recruitment, career development, promotion, training and rewards for all employees.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this posting!