Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 1+
British Columbia Infrastructure Benefits Inc. (BCIB) is a Crown Corporation employing skilled trades people on major infrastructure projects throughout the province. We employ the labour force on projects that fall under the Province’s Community Benefits Agreement (CBA). When you join our database of skilled tradespeople, you gain access to a network of projects.
Through the CBA, we open doors for underrepresented workers, maximize apprenticeship opportunities, and work to create respectful and welcoming worksites. Our goal is to help you progress in your career with consistent work closer to home.
Excavator Operators are required on all Trans- Canada Highway 1 Four Laning projects all through the year 2022.
Job Profile Overview:
As an Excavator Operator you will be required to safely operate heavy equipment with precision. Task examples may include rough and finished grading, ripping, ditching, and sloping, blending and spreading material, utility and grade maintenance work, building haul roads, loading haul trucks, stockpiling, material handling, compacting for ground density and grade and excavating—all in possibly close proximity to personnel and other equipment.
- Extended shift hours, in variable weather conditions
- Noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains
- Busy job environment with multiple trades working together
- May be required to operate equipment on steep slopes and rocky terrain
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to work long hours.
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset
- Proven experience operating all size of excavators
- Proven experience pioneering rocky and steep slopes as well as roadbuilding
- Valid HEO ticket considered an asset
- Valid Skid Steer Certificate considered an asset
- Valid Ground Disturbance certificate considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have good observation skills, as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Have an understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment)
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.