Career Level Supervisor
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID JR-3332
No. of Openings 1
Stuart Olson has been positively impacting the businesses we serve, the communities in which we operate, and the lives we touch since 1911. Our rich history demonstrates our reach and diversity as an integrated, full-service organization serving the commercial and industrial markets.
Specializing in Turnaround and Maintenance services in the Industrial sector, Stuart Olson has proudly served the Canadian construction industry for over 100 years. We deliver confidence through a client-centered approach that ensures the highest quality of service, reducing risk, and delivering results.
Reporting to the Equipment Manager, the Equipment Supervisor will work closely with the Projects and Operations teams to help ensure the appropriate equipment management occurs in all aspects of our business.
This position is based in the Edmonton shop location, with 10%-15% travel to various client and vendor sites.
- Supervise a team of Equipment Coordinators and oversee daily operations.
- Respond to equipment and fleet requests from operations and coordinate the rental and/or use of company owned equipment.
- Coordinate, schedule and document the movement of equipment and fleet throughout all our job sites and field offices.
- Oversee vehicle documents including permits, DMV registration and insurance certificates.
- Coordinate vehicle and equipment inspections on a regular basis to comply with safety standards and government regulations.
- Coordinate with field and shop managers to schedule vehicle and equipment preventive maintenance.
- Oversee the electronic recording of all maintenance work done and repair issues on all equipment for use in decision making.
- Confer with company wide lead mechanics regarding all repairs and approve all repairs over an agreed upon amount.
- Maintain copies of all equipment repairs and maintenance, summarize key aspects for replacement and/or new purchase and support the company divisions in meeting their various requirements.
- Travel to various field offices or job sites as needed to support operations and ensure the necessary equipment use processes are set up and being followed.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by the senior management team.
- Support the development of strategic roadmaps to match the needs of complex fleets (utilization, energy strategies (EV, CNG, Hydrogen, Hybrid), strategic sourcing, TCO impacts and KPIs)
- Support Operations with all elements of their fleet including ordering, billing, budgeting, ROI calculations, upfitting, licensing, fuel services, funding options (vehicles and equipment leases), project management lead, maintenance management, NSC (DOT) vehicle criteria including CVIP and equipment annual inspection requirements
- Manage contract life cycle costing.
- Create and manage procedures for measurement, reporting, KPIs and sustainment. Communicate and clarify contract content, responsibilities, and commitments.
- Assist in making recommendations to management on equipment lifecycles to ensure equipment stays current & productive by value of equipment, repair cost, monitoring utilization.
- Participate in contract negotiations & be aware of contract renewal timelines, complete commercial business assessment and review contract financial feasibility. Manage annual contract escalation and pricing adjustments (Foreign Exchange and annual pricing increases).
- Analyze the equipment utilization and make recommendations to management on disposals and trade-ins.
- Ensure all materials/parts required to complete repairs have a pre-approval process.
- On call 24-7 will be shared with team.
- Lead the purchasing and selling of equipment.
- Support the rental and new equipment search process and assisting the procurement team in purchasing capital equipment.