Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 1
Arctic Canadian Diamond Company (Arctic) is a Canadian mining company and a significant producer and supplier of premium rough diamond assortments to the global market. The company owns and operates the Ekati Diamond Mine. The company also holds a controlling interest in the Lac de Gras Diamond Project. The Ekati Diamond Mine and the Lac de Gras Diamond Project are located in Canada’s Northwest Territories. In addition to its mining and exploration operations, Arctic has offices in Canada and Belgium.
As a member of the Surface Mining Team, the Equipment Operator – Surface Drill will report to the Surface Mining Team Leader and work a two (2) weeks on, two (2) weeks off rotation at the Ekati mine site. The Equipment Operator – Surface Drill is responsible for the safe, efficient, and productive operation of drilling equipment in a complex surface mining environment.
- Safely operate Sandvik D90 and D75 Rotary Blast hole drills, and Epiroc DM 45e DTH hammer drills to meet daily plan and production targets;
- Ensure that blast holes are drilled accurately according to the blast design;
- Effective communication using a 2-way radio system;
- Successfully use an electronic production data collection system (WENCO);
- Operate drills within OEM specifications and recommendations;
- Maintain equipment integrity and complete job hazard analysis reports and equipment log books;
- Assist blast crew when required and carry out any other tasks as directed by the Team Leader;
- Always protect the safety and well-being of yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience operating a variety of heavy equipment, specifically Sandvik D90 and D75 Rotary Blast hole drills, and Epiroc DM 45e DTH hammer drills in the mining industry or similar setting;
- Experience with Sandvik DX 800 drill rigs is considered an asset.
What we offer
At Arctic, we believe people are our most important asset. This is why we are fully committed to the health, safety and well-being of our employees. We believe in establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and to creating an environment where people can learn, grow and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions and adult education initiatives.
Arctic offers a competitive salary, performance bonus and total compensation package, including company paid extended health, dental and vision care, an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP), employer matched pension, generous paid vacation and personal days, as well as a Dependent Scholarship Program and employee discounts. On site we provide accommodations and meals, a fully equipped gym and recreation facilities,
Arctic provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife, and other northern fly points.
Employees need to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic’s Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume to receive priority consideration.
Visit www.arcticcanadian.ca to apply and to learn more about Arctic’s operations.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.