Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 1
Position Title: Equipment Operator – Support
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
About Arctic Canadian Diamond Company
Arctic Canadian Diamond Company (Arctic) is a Canadian mining company and a significant producer and supplier of premium rough diamond assortments to the global market. The company owns and operates the Ekati Diamond Mine. The company also holds a controlling interest in the Lac de Gras Diamond Project. The Ekati Diamond Mine and the Lac de Gras Diamond Project are located in Canada’s Northwest Territories. In addition to its mining and exploration operations, Arctic has offices in Canada and Belgium.
As a member of the Surface Mining Team, the Equipment Operator – Support will report to the Surface Mining Team Leader and work a two (2) weeks on, two (2) weeks off rotation at the Ekati mine site. The Equipment Operator – Support is responsible for the safe, efficient, and productive operation of support equipment in a complex surface mining environment.
- Safely operate dozers, graders, and loaders to meet daily plan and production targets;
- Effective communication using a 2-way radio system;
- Successfully use an electronic production data collection system (WENCO);
- Maintain equipment integrity and complete job hazard analysis reports and equipment log books;
- Operate additional surface mining equipment (i.e. Excavators, Haul Trucks, etc.) when not operating support equipment;
- Always protect the safety and well-being of yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience operating a variety of heavy equipment, specifically D10 Dozer, 16G/M Grader, and 992 Loader in the mining industry or similar setting;
- CAT 375 Excavator operating experience is considered an asset.
- Experience working in the mining industry, northern Canada, and an understanding of the northern regulatory environment is preferred
What we offer
At Arctic, we believe people are our most important asset. This is why we are fully committed to the health, safety and well-being of our employees. We believe in establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and to creating an environment where people can learn, grow and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions and adult education initiatives.
Arctic offers a competitive salary, performance bonus and total compensation package, including company paid extended health, dental and vision care, an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP), employer matched pension, generous paid vacation and personal days, as well as a Dependent Scholarship Program and employee discounts. On site we provide accommodations and meals, a fully equipped gym and recreation facilities,
- Arctic provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife, and other northern fly points.
- Employees need to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic’s Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume to receive priority consideration.
Visit www.arcticcanadian.ca to apply and to learn more about Arctic’s operations.
Closing Date: This is an ongoing posting and resumes will be considered as vacancies become available.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.