Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!
Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 1- 3 Years
No. of Openings 1+
Department JFJV Site
ServcoCanada, a local Industrial Construction Company is looking for contract Heavy Equipment Operators in Kitimat, B.C. There is a 14/7 day rotation.
(snow removal and dewatering contract) 14/7 10 hour shift Contract Nov 1 2021 to March 1 2022
- Safely and effectively operate heavy equipment such as excavators, graders, dozers, rock truck, packer, loaders, plow trucks and skid steers to perform snow removal and stockpile maintenance activities.
- Knowledge in using multiple different attachments including snow blowers, sweepers and hydraulic wings would be considered a asset.
- Ability to perform labouring activities when needed and lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work day shift or nightshift upon request and work O.T as needed
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment.
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics. Must examine situations considering the principles of the Code of Ethics.
- Proven ability to concentrate, pay attention to detail, organize priority set and be a team player.
- Follow and comply company safety culture.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Operators will not always be in equipment and will be expected to labour when required. Higher seat times in winter and lower seat times in summer we are site services dependent on clients requirements.
- Must have at least 1-year experience. Willing to participate in additional mentorship and training for long term success with the company
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Good analytical ability and manual dexterity.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required, team player.
- Must have proven ability to work in tight spots.
- Attention to detail with good hand eye co-ordination.
- Ability to work in physically demanding conditions
- Committed to working in a safe and efficient manner.
- CSA approved steel toed boots with 6” ankle support.
Successful candidates are required to have personal reliable transportation, valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract.
Must comply and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Candidates must successfully complete orientation.