Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd. is a Canadian diamond mining company situated approximately 200 kilometers south of the Arctic Circle in Canada’s Northwest Territories. The company operates the Ekati Diamond Mine, in which it owns a controlling interest. It supplies rough diamonds to the global market through its sorting and selling operations in Canada and Belgium, and is Canada’s largest independent diamond producer.
Arctic maximizes the sales value of its rough stones from the Ekati Diamond Mines and maintains a preferred position as a supplier of rough diamonds to the world’s diamond manufacturers (cutters and polishers) by dealing directly with them and tailoring rough diamond parcels to the client’s particular needs.
Why Arctic Canadian Diamond Company?
At Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd., we believe people are our most important asset. That is why we are fully committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and to establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and committed to creating an environment where people can learn, grow, and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions, and adult education initiatives, all of which encourage employees and contractors to strive for growth and development.
Since beginning operations in 1998, the Ekati Diamond mine has become internationally recognized as a world-class supplier of top-quality rough diamonds. Now operated by Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd., the Ekati mine provides unique operational challenges, rewarding career development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Reporting to the Surface Mining Team Leader and working three (3) weeks on followed by three (3) weeks off, the Surface Mining Production Loader Operator is responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the production wheel loader in an open pit loading environment. The Production Loader operator will liaise with the dispatcher and mechanics to ensure the mechanical availability of the Loader.
- Safely operate the Production Loader to meet daily plan and production targets;
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain an even and level floor by cutting and filling areas without wheel spin in an efficient manner;
- Set the bucket/boom limits to load and fill the bucket with material smoothly and efficiently to load haulage trucks;
- Maintain the correct cycle time and instruct the haulage trucks to spot and que in the correct manner;
- Determine when to use the variable torque converter (VCTC) and how to apply it efficiently;
- Understand and demonstrate the ability to utilize the Wenco system to maintain an efficient mining cycle to report the load/haul cycle of the assigned unit;
- Identify the correct operating parameters of each unit, relating to the elimination of equipment damage, tire failure and abusive operating techniques;
- Other duties and assignments as requested.
- Qualified to operate 994K, 992K and 988 wheel loaders;
- Qualified to load haul trucks in a production open pit environment;
- Previous equipment operating experience preferred;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Experience working in the mining industry, northern Canada, and an understanding of the northern regulatory environment is preferred
The Company provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife, and other Northern fly points as indicated in the NWT Socio-Economic Agreement for the Ekati mine.
Employees need to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd. Impact Benefit Agreement Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume, to receive priority consideration.
For information about the beautiful region in which our mines are located visit www.spectacularnwt.com.
If this position interests you and you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for, please apply at www.arcticcanadian.ca
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.