Career Level Post Secondary Education
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Northside Industries, an industry leader in the manufacturing and assembly of a variety of steel and aluminum fabrications for the Oil and Gas, Forestry, Heavy Duty Truck, Mining, and Marine sectors, is seeking a Quality Technologist for its West Kelowna, BC location.
They have been serving their customers both locally and throughout Western Canada for over 50 years, providing only the highest level of workmanship and service to exceed customers’ expectations.
Northside Industries requires a positive, hands-on, team-oriented individual who can contribute to the growth of the company.
Reporting to the QA/Engineering Manager, the Engineering Technologist (ET) is responsible for initial review and preparation of accurate and specification compliant quotations that meet all client requirements, and provide the highest level of efficient and effective costing.
Interfacing with clients and operations, the ET is responsible for development and setup of new and existing products manufactured by Northside and its supplier base while promoting the highest levels of safety, manufacturability and quality. The ET will also interface with all departments to ensure seamless integration of product development, revisions, improvements and all elements that affect quality, on-time delivery and cost.
This role is key in leading and implementing strategic cost reduction strategies, operational efficiencies, production employee engagement while maintaining all customer requirements and specifications.
- 1 year experience with ISO9001 standards
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably steel/aluminum/sheet metal components in an engineering, estimating, project management or continuous improvement role required
- 2+ years experience with 3D CAD/modeling with Autodesk Inventor required (experience with similar software, such as Solidworks, CREO, Pro/E would be considered)
- Estimating experience
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Experience with direct customer communication
- Demonstrated ability to complete a task/project from start to finish within prescribed deadlines
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Mechanical/automotive/manufacturing related diploma or degree or related training or experience
- Basic knowledge of ISO9001 standards
- Knowledge of sheet metal and structural steel manufacturing methodologies
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker
- Ability to interface directly with cross-functional teams
- Ability to create and review technical documentations, including RFQs, design documents and requirements, customer specifications, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with alternative solutions
- Organization and time management skills an asset
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Proficient with Autodesk Inventor or similar software
- Must possess excellent communication skills and positive team attitude for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers and internal departments
- Must possess strong work ethic, highly motivated and self-directed, capable of multi-tasking and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong leadership abilities and the capability of motivating a diverse team
- Manual dexterity required to use measuring devices, desktop computers and peripherals
Northside Industries offers competitive packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
If you are a seasoned, self-driven professional who has a proven track record of successfully leading quality driven production, we want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please quote “mytrades.ca” in your response to this posting.