Career Level Apprentice
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings Multiple
PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada, and the United States. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries.
PTW is hiring an Electrical Crew to join our team in Grande Prairie, AB or Fort St. John/Dawson Creek, BC. If you are local to the area, a certified Journeyperson Electrician or a Registered Apprentice, available for IMMEDIATE start, we want to hear from you!
GOOD TO KNOW…
- Full crew required
- Early May to late October 2022
- LEAD HAND
- ELECTRICAL FOREMAN
- 3rd and 4th year Apprentices
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
- Reads and interprets drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Tests electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs AC/DC Motors and Drives, PLC’s, 480V power, 120V control circuits, 4160 volt switchgear, transformers, motors, starters, relays and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical controls.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Sizes and installs electrical circuits including panels, wire size and type, conduit, protective devices, switches, and related equipment needed to comply with the CEC and/or NEC.
- Fabricates, installs and/or runs conduit, 3-Phase work, motor terminations, control and instrument troubleshooting and panel work.
- Must possess industrial oil field electrical experience.
- Must be a certified Journeyperson Electrician or a Registered Apprentice
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable (i.e.: punctual and ready to work).
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work safely.
- Must have applicable safety tickets (i.e. CSTS-09, H2S Alive, Standard First Aid, Fall Arrest, WHMIS 2015)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must have own transportation as most locations are not accessible with public transportation.
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | Apprenticeship Tuition Reimbursement Program | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company.
We care about your health and safety. At PTW, we follow all protocols set by the provincial and local governments. We also implement measures as required by our clients and our own Health and Safety team.
PTW is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION