Career Level Certification
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 22-110
No. of Openings 1
Department Facilities Maintenance
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. With high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness, we’re looking for someone to join our team.
Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com.
We have an opportunity for a permanent, full-time Electrician in the Facilities Maintenance Department. Reporting to the Manager, Transport Infrastructure Maintenance and working as a member of a cross functional team, the successful candidate will perform all aspects of preventative and corrective maintenance on various systems within the Airport Authority buildings and assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Repairing and maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment including:
- Generator sets
- Lighting systems
- Passenger loading bridges
- Switchgear and transformers
- Automatic Microcomputer and PLC control systems
- Airfield lighting
- Multiple HMI Systems including Fire Alarm, General Alarm, etc
- Frequency Drives, Soft Starts
- Electrical infrastructure from 69kv to 120V
- HVAC controls
- Ground Fault protection system
- Baggage Handling systems
- Holding and maintaining Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP)
- High Mast lighting
- Work Compliance with all applicable codes and regulations including CSA Z462
Key qualifications include:
- BC Trade Qualification as an Electrician; preference will be given to persons with multiple trades tickets
- Demonstrated ability to make safety a top priority
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently, with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proactive and customer focused
- Valid BC driver’s license (class 5 or better)
Shift work is required as the Maintenance Department operates on a 24-hour basis.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
Vancouver International Airport is a Living Wage employer. This means all Vancouver Airport Authority workers earn at least a living wage. Living Wage for Families B.C. has determined the hourly rate of pay at which a household can meet its basic expenses. The 2022 living wage rate in Metro Vancouver is $20.52.
Health and safety are at the core of how we operate at YVR. We are committed to ensuring a safe workplace for our workforce and protecting the health and safety of our employees, passengers, partners and community by taking reasonable, preventative measures to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19. On June 20, 2022, the Government of Canada suspended the requirement that employees of federally regulated workplaces be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates are advised that the current suspension of the vaccination mandate may be revoked by the Government of Canada at any time, and that vaccination requirements may be reintroduced in the future.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!