Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 734
No. of Openings 1
Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta and administrative office in Fort McMurray, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
- Position Type: Full-Time – Starting December 2021
- Location: Varies
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off or 14 on / 14 off Rotation
- Flight, Camp and/ or Bussing available
- Flight Hubs: Edmonton or Calgary
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of copies of your safety tickets and abstract.
The role of the Electrician Journeyperson is to report to a Superintendent, Foreman or Lead Hand, the Carpenter JM will be responsible for constructing and repairing buildings and other structures. Carpenters work on a wide variety of commercial, industrial and institutional buildings and structures. The Carpenter will work in environments that are safety sensitive and in all weather conditions.
- Follow procedures as defined in the CEC (Canadian Electrical Code)
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Read and interpret electrical, mechanical and architectural drawings and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts
- Cut, thread, bend, assemble and install conduits and other types of electrical conductor enclosures and fittings
- Position, maintain and install distribution and control equipment such as switches, relays, circuit breaker panels and fuse enclosures
- Install and maintain fibre optic systems
- May train apprentices
- Other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Hold a valid Alberta Journeyman Ticket or Red Seal Certification. Must be an Alberta-certified journeyperson or someone who holds a recognized related trade certificate
- 3 years or more experience in a similar role
- Previous oil and construction industry experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Valid CSTS and OSSA (Oil Sands Safety Association) orientation would be an asset
- Good communication skills including reading skills
- Ability to distinguish colours to work with colour-coded wiring
- Ability to work in high places
- Ability to get along well with co-workers
- Ability to do precision work
- All applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English
- Valid Drivers License
- Clean abstract that is not more than 30 days old
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol, and Physical Demand Assessment
- CSO (Common Safety Orientation) or equivalent.
- Red seal Journeyman Certificate
Please note that some client sites require proof of full vaccination.
The Bouchier Group is pleased to offer competitive wages, a Health and Dental Benefit Package as well as a group Registered Pension Plan.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: until filled
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/
The Bouchier Group would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No Phone Calls Please.