Career Level Red Seal
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Teck is currently accepting applications for the position of Electrician. Teck recruits proactively to build a talent pool for current and/or future opportunities.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, Electricians are responsible for maintaining the electrical systems on a variety of mining equipment in a shop, field, or processing plant environment.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Construct, maintain, alter, repair, and test electric or electronic systems and components that are integral to the operation’s mining activities
- Perform duties that range from routine preventative maintenance on mining equipment to repairing major breakdowns in a shop or a field environment
- Complete installations, perform maintenance and troubleshoot in a processing plant environment
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Electrician Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficient in distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controls (PLC), variable frequency drive (VFD), motor control center (MCC), and microprocessors
- Understanding of the Electrical Code
- Familiarity with reading electrical schematics and prints
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Previous mining experience an asset
We offer the chance to live and work in the Rocky Mountains, where year round recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, and biking are unlimited. Our tradespeople work an attractive 4 days on 4 days off shift schedule, allowing for plenty of work/life balance. Add to this, challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada’s largest diversified resource company and we think you’ll find what you’re looking for.
Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Retirement Package
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.