Career Level Red Seal
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 1
“We connect communities and customers to the people and places important in their lives”
At BC Ferries, our employees are our most important assets in delivering our commitment to customer safety, service and satisfaction. We offer a unique West Coast working environment with diverse challenges and opportunities. Whether your goal is to work behind the scenes, onboard our ships, or within our land based operations, you are a key contributor to the BC Ferries team.
With 47 ports of call and around 500 sailings every day, BC Ferries is the largest independently-owned ferry company in the world. Dedicated to safety, excellence, innovation, and people, we are committed to continuously improving the west coast travel experience of our customers.
Taking care of our employees is a top priority for us, and to do that, we offer benefits that help you stay healthy in all ways. Some of our great benefits include:
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package
- Public Service Pension Plan (a paycheque every month when you retire!)
- Vacation starting at a minimum 3 weeks
- Maternity leave employer top up
- Passes for ferry travel
- Amazing colleagues who share a common goal
- Discounts in our gift shops and with many businesses on Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland
- Career progression and training and development opportunities
- Working as a team player, you are a responsible self-starter with strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- You are responsible for performing preventative maintenance, inspections, servicing of a wide variety of electrical, electronic, lighting/high mast and equipment systems, pull boxes, motors and generators on marine walkways, ramps and terminal facilities.
- You troubleshoot and analyze faults with test equipment and you install new equipment, fire alarms detection systems, generators, motors and perform emergency repairs. In addition, you are responsible for ordering parts, maintaining tools and equipment and operating vehicles and bucket truck.
- You are a clear, concise communicator who works well under pressure and is detail-oriented.
- You provide leadership for other apprenticeships, including input in performance assessment, and strive create an environment of safety at all times.
- The schedule for this position is Monday to Thursday and will not required shift work.
- You possess a Red Seal in the Electrical field and Field Safety Representative Certificate; have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Journeyman with Programmable Logic Control (PLC) and Control Circuitry experience and a valid BC Driver’s License.
Please apply by December 3, 2021.
BC Ferries supports employment equity and diversity in the workplace and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who reflect our ever-changing workplace.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.