Career Level Certification
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID 57734
No. of Openings 1
Union/Non Non-Union Position
Do you enjoy problem solving? As the Electrical Technician, you will be responsible for all electrical equipment repairs and preventative maintenance duties including; trouble shooting, testing, calibration, analysis, documentation and recording of all findings in the maintenance management system (Maximo) per company standards and best work practices. This position is based in our Gretna Terminal.
We’re looking to add to our team an individual who shares these same values of safety, integrity, respect and inclusion!
What you will do:
- Demonstrates a strong dedication to Safety and aligns with the Company’s vision of a Path to Zero.
- Provide after hours on call and emergency response for all pipeline facilities including pump stations, terminals, and remote valve sites.
- Maintain a wide variety of Electrical equipment in good working order by performing both repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain Company tools and equipment as well as assigned on-call vehicle in safe working conditions.
- Finishes the maintenance record keeping and ensures all related maintenance information is available and detailed in Maximo
- First Responder duties for Emergency Response situations. Expectation to reside within 45 min of Gretna.
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with typically 3-5 years of directly relevant training experience.
- Has at least one of the following or reasonable equivalency through practical experience and training: Certified electrical trades-person or certified technical designation.
- Possess good interpersonal, communications and interactive people skills
- Possess essential computer skills to work with Company programs such as Maximo, MS Office, AutoCAD, etc.
- Knowledge of PLC’s, RTAP, Flow Computer, and SCADA systems including programming and troubleshooting.
- You will be required to undergo various background screening that includes but is not limited to 5 year driving record, criminal check and a company sponsored medical and drug testing. Minimum class 5 drivers’ license.
- Mix of field (~80%) and office (~20%) environments.
- Work in hazardous or restricted locations such as pump buildings, confined spaces, tank lots, and other classified areas within facilities and along the Right Of Way.
- Working on and around high voltage equipment, transformers, disconnects, switchgear, motor control centers, electrical service buildings, etc.
- Frequent travel and on-call responsibilities for assigned areas and stations.
- Working on equipment situated at heights.
- This position requires climbing, bending, lifting, standing and crouching on a repetitive basis.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com