Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID MAINT007401
No. of Openings 1
West Fraser High Level OSB is currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the opportunity of:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working with team members to instill the belief that safety is a core value for everyone at West Fraser
- Ensuring that every safety hazard or concern is immediately addressed
- Coaching/developing employees to achieve cost effective results in accordance with safety procedures
- Confirming Alberta OH&S regulations, company safety policies and standards are understood by all team members and complied with.
- Ensuring lock-out procedures are followed by all electricians.
- Ensuring electrical team performs at the key performance indicator (KPI) target level and immediately address any variances between actual performance and target.
- Ensuring computers, LAN and programs are serviced effectively and that computer programs are designed, implemented and the required training of operators is conducted.
- Communicating and collaborating with all departments on planned changes.
- Documenting all permanent changes, including cost information and new processes or procedures.
- Preparing and submitting proposals for upgrading equipment and programming.
- Supervising the installation of approved improvement projects.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of installed improvement projects.
- Ensuring all team members are aware of the importance of using correct procedures when dealing with hazardous materials and spills and ensuring the reporting of spills is carried out in a prompt and responsible manner
As the ideal candidate you have a Certified Journeyman or Masters in the Electrical trade with Inter-Provincial certification; a proven safe track record; preventative maintenance program training; at least five years’ experience in the trade in an industrial plant and five years’ supervisory experience preferable in OSB.
We offer the following as part of our employment package:
- Very competitive wages
- Opportunity for advancement
- An excellent comprehensive benefits package, including company contributions to pension plan
- A stable environment with a fixed work schedule, with ample time off.
- Non-union environment
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.