Career Level Post Secondary Education
Experience 5-10 Years
Posting ID 5904
No. of Openings 1
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
Applicants who reside in Northwestern Ontario and have experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the Northwest Ontario, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the Impact Benefits Agreement (IBA) and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Ontario communities. (Indigenous) Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
About The Role
- Title: Electrical/Mechanical Coordinator – Underground
- Schedule: 5/2/4/3 Day Shift 9.5 hrs
- Position Reports To: Underground Superintendent
New Gold Rainy River is seeking an Electrical/Mechanical Coordinator to join the Rainy River Underground/Capital Projects team. Reporting to Underground Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Surface electrical reticulation supporting the Intrepid development/production mining. Ensuring maintenance of installed equipment to date and work with the Capital Projects group as the Electrical/Mechanical SME for future underground development projects at Rainy River.
- Responsible to manage Electrical and Mechanical installations on site relating to the Underground Operations
- Act as the Underground liaison with other site Electrical/Mechanical Groups
- Work with Electrical Engineer to ensure updates to drawings based on contractor Red Lines.
- Ensures preventative maintenance is performed on installed electrical and mechanical components relating to the underground
- Ownership of the Intrepid Primary Ventilation fans and Mine Air Heater
- Interface with Ontario Electrical inspectors. Production and management of reports and installation certification.
- Field Management of Underground contractors performing electrical/mechanical work
- Manage multiple contractors to enable on time completion of their scopes of work.
- Develop Team relationships to ensure smooth interaction between parties responsible for work identification, planning & scheduling, resource provision, and execution of the work.
- Control non-conforming products, services and their subsequent repair, and re-work until corrective actions have been implemented
- Ensure Compliance with established safety and environmental programs to execute services with zero harm to people, environment, and plant.
- Monito, participate, and lead safety performance of contractors. Implement steps to rectify any trends of deficiencies in performance of the program
- Ensure safety reporting, incidents, and near misses are reported both in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with site standards and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Electrical Degree or Equivalent
- Mechanical installation experience deemed an asset
- Minimum 5-10 years of industrial experience, underground experience preferred
- A sound knowledge of power distribution and infrastructure management
- A strong background in equipment repair and maintenance & maintenance management
- Strong Leadership and effective communication skills
- The ability to resolve technical issues without external support; comprehensive / creative trouble shooting
- Computer literate in Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, SAP, and various maintenance software’s.
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or follow us on LinkedIn.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!