Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings Multiple
PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada and the United States. We have workforce of talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries.
PTW is urgently hiring an Electrical Journeyperson to join our team in Wabasca, Alberta.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Shift: 7 days on, 7 days off
- Pre-access Drug and Alcohol test is required
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
- Reads and interprets drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Tests electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Installs, examines, replaces, or repairs AC/DC Motors and Drives, PLC’s, 480V power, 120V control circuits, 4160-volt switchgear, transformers, motors, starters, relays, and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical controls.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Sizes and installs electrical circuits including panels, wire size and type, conduit, protective devices, switches, and related equipment needed to comply with the CEC and/or NEC.
- Fabricates, installs and/or runs conduit, 3-Phase work, motor terminations, control and instrument troubleshooting and panel work.
- Must possess construction and industrial electrical experience.
- Must be a certified Electrical Journeyperson.
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable (i.e.: punctual and ready to work).
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work safely.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must have applicable safety tickets ( CSTS-20, WHMIS 2015, Standard First Aid, H2S, ESTS)
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | PTW Apprenticeship Tuition Program | RRSP program available | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Consistent work | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company
We care about your health and safety. At PTW, we follow all protocols set by the provincial and local governments. We also implement measures as required by our clients and our own Health and Safety team.
PTW is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION