Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 21363
No. of Openings 1
Department Electrical and Instrumentation Department
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
- Canfor is currently seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a Electrical Engineer/Technologist.
Operating in an environment committed to safe and environmentally responsible practices, you will join the Electrical and Instrumentation Department where you will report to the E&I Team Leader.
- You will work closely with all team members on the design, implementation and supervision of electrical projects including enhancements and modifications and will provide sound technical support in the resolution of electrical problems.
- Your mandate will be to ensure facilities are capable of achieving maximum production and quality standards while maintaining cost efficiency and viability.
- Experience with PLC’s, VFD’s and MCC’s preferred
- Forward thinking, flexible and resourceful, you can apply your technical insight and analytical abilities to develop novel solutions.
- Ideally you are equipped with a Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering Degree and are a member of, or eligible to register with, APEGBC at least as an Engineer in Training (EIT) (title Engineer) OR have a related diploma from a Technical college and are a member of, or eligible to register with, ASTTBC at least as a Technologist (AScT) (title Technologist) OR are a tradesperson with reliability experience (title Technical Specialist).
- You will also have several years’ broad-based experience, ideally including tenure in a modern pulp mill or similar industrial facility.
- Your personal attributes include well developed interpersonal and communication skills, a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work in teams.
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.
Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
Prince George, BC
Known as BC’s Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region’s temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george
*Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!