Career Level Post Secondary Education
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 22-68
No. of Openings 1
Department Engineering Services
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. With high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness, we’re looking for someone to join our team.
Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for an Electrical CAD Specialist in the Engineering Services department. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Services, the successful candidate will maintain records on the electrical systems at YVR. Their primary focus will be on the Single Line Diagram (SLD); they will also provide support for the rest of the CAD team, as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the SLD – both the planning and in-service versions
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining quality control on electrical base files and GIS data
- Supporting the CAD and GIS teams with CAD work including drawings, mapping, etc., as required
- Researching project information for past projects – as requested by the Maintenance department, project engineers or consultants – finding the appropriate details, packaging the information up and ensuring it’s complete
- Actively developing and updating the YVR Technical Standards on Electrical Systems and on CAD requirements
Key qualifications include:
- 5 years’ recent, related experience, supplemented by the completion of a technical certificate or diploma as an Electrical Technologist or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience designing electrical systems for commercial, institutional or industrial facilities
- CAD certificate (or other demonstration of CAD proficiency – both AutoCAD and Microstation)
- Demonstrated experience reading, maintaining and updating SLDs
- Solid understanding of electrical safety concepts and practices for high voltage equipment
- Attention to detail and willingness to take initiative
- Ability to take innovative approaches to solve problems
- Understanding of land surveying concepts and methods
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or Revit is an asset
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Health and safety are at the core of how we operate at YVR. We are committed to ensuring a safe workplace for our workforce and protecting the health and safety of our employees, passengers, partners and community by taking reasonable, preventative measures to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a valid exemption is granted for those unable to be vaccinated.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!