Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 1976
No. of Openings Multiple
PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada and the United States. We have workforce of talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries.
PTW is hiring Electrical Apprentices and Journeypersons to join our team for various construction projects in Lower Mainland, British Columbia. If you are available to start in the new year, we want to hear from you!
GOOD TO KNOW
- Local position or within commuting distance
- Work Schedule – 5 days on and 2 days off
- Location: Lower Mainland
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
- Reads and interprets drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Tests electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Installs, examines, replaces, or repairs AC/DC Motors and Drives, PLC’s, 480V power, 120V control circuits, 4160-volt switchgear, transformers, motors, starters, relays, and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical controls.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Sizes and installs electrical circuits including panels, wire size and type, conduit, protective devices, switches, and related equipment needed to comply with the CEC and/or NEC.
- Fabricates, installs and/or runs conduit, 3-Phase work, motor terminations, control and instrument troubleshooting and panel work.
- Must possess construction and industrial electrical experience.
- Must be a Registered Apprentice or a certified Journeyman Electrician.
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable (i.e.: punctual and ready to work).
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work safely.
- Must have applicable safety tickets (CSTS-09, WHMIS 2015, Standard First Aid)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | PTW Apprenticeship Tuition Program | RRSP program available | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Consistent work | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company
We care about your health and safety. At PTW, we follow all protocols set by the provincial and local governments. We also implement measures as required by our clients and our own Health and Safety team.
PTW is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION