Career Level Skilled Labour
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID 22002941
No. of Openings 1
$2,000 Sign on Bonus
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry – over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation – professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
At Waste Management our Residential drivers are responsible for the collection and hand loading of residential waste, as well as the transporting of this waste by a front-load or rear-load truck to a landfill site. The position routinely requires extensive near-continuous physical exertions such as repetitive lifting, pushing, and pulling receptacles that weigh from 50 to 75 pounds as part of their rigorous daily routine. Often, these waste receptacles have no wheels or handles for maneuverability, and the driver must have the physical strength to adjust accordingly. This physically strenuous position involves mounting and dismounting the truck between 800 and 1000 times every shift. In addition to these duties, pre and post trip vehicle inspection is required.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Our drivers, who have safe driving records, comply with all local and provincial transportation regulations and with company policy. Drivers are expected to communicate professionally with customers and dispatchers at all times. This includes receiving complaints about schedules and quality of service. Our Drivers must make note of and report on any such complaints and respond in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Required work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed and may require weekend and/or holiday work. Work hours will vary by route. Drivers must be able to read and understand a map, complete daily driver logs as well as pre and post trip truck inspections.
- This position will require you to work in all weather extremes including extreme hot or cold, wet or dry conditions. Truck cabs often do not have air conditioning but may include a small fan.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: At least 1 year of experience within the last 7 years operating a vehicle requiring a Class 3 License, or military equivalent.
- Must have a valid Class 3 License with airbrakes endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Clean driving record
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here