Career Level Post Secondary Diploma
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 24113
No. of Openings 1
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The Drill Press Operator is primarily responsible to:
- Read and understand blueprints, work orders, and process documentation to produce required parts for assembly and finished products.
- Set up and operate drill press, adjusting as required, to ensure product meets engineering specification.
- Responsible for checking quality of formed product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for subsequent production steps.
- Communicate with co-workers and Team-Leaders to ensure production schedules are met.
- Ensure quality products are being produced and maintain a safe, clean and productive work environment.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives
- Set up and operate drill press
- Able to read and understand blue prints, work orders, and process documentation to produce required parts of assembly and finished products.
- Ensure quality products are being produced
- Strive to advance personal skill sets through continued engagement in networking, workshop, and advanced education opportunities.
- Work with operations team and communicate with co-workers and team leaders to ensure production schedules are met
- Inspecting and ensuring the product is defect-free and ready for subsequent production steps.
- College diploma in Programming or Machining.
- Minimum 2 years’ machining experience machines including drill press.
- Ability to safety operate Drill Press within production facility.
- Familiarity with the use of Jigs & fixtures.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, geometry and their applications in fabrication.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to read blue prints, drawings, schematics.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task in order to plan and meet production deadlines.
- Good computer skills with use of MS Office, Email, etc.
- Good communication skills to work with multi-dimensional team.
- Willingness to learn.
Komatsu Mining Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefit package, continual focus on training and development, and a financially sound company in a growing industry.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.