Career Level Foreman
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
- Turnaround project (May 2022)
- Location will be based in Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Living out allowance is offered to non-local candidates.
- Local candidates to GP and surrounding areas are considered an asset
- Ability to commute to and from the job site as required
- Shift schedule: 24 days on 4 days off (12-hour days)
- Directly supervises all floor personnel and directs the flow of work through the shop
- Participate in scheduling and work place planning
- Manage and maintain client relationships
- Participate in safety/incident investigations and reviews
- Identify needs and deficiencies in the plan/schedule and communicate this to the appropriate people
- Ensure quality and inspection of installation
- Apply project procedures, work site policies and collective agreement requirements
- Complete quality reports and required statistics
- Inform the Superintendent of any out of scope work
- Provide crews with adequate supervision to accomplish tasks in a safe effective manner
- Coordinate manpower movement within their area
- Ensure all workers receive the proper training
- Experience as a qualified and a Red Seal certified journeyman pipefitter
- Supervision experience is required in a construction-based field environment
- Standard First Aid, H2S, Common Safety Orientation (CSO), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), WHIMIS, Gas Detection, Bear Awareness
- Experience with the MS Office Suite
- Capable of setting and managing priorities to meet all deadlines
- Strong coordination skills and organization skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.