Career Level Ticket
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 1
Bonus Travel Allowance
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
About The Role
- Position: Crane Operator
- Schedule: Shift 14/14 – 12 hour days
- Position Reports To: Mobile Maintenance Supervisor
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Shift Supervisor, the successful applicant will ensure the safe operation of hoisting activities and maintenance of the related equipment and rigging.
- Conduct daily pre-inspection and operational check of the equipment and work area before the start of the shift
- Operate equipment in safe, efficient and productive manner
- Maintain the housekeeping of the equipment and work area
- Operate mobile cranes to lift, move, position or place equipment and materials
- Report any deficiencies to the maintenance team
- Maintain rigging and organize as required
- Assist maintainers with troubleshooting
- Conduct monthly inspections and report deficiencies
- Red seal Journeyman Crane Operator ticket Required
- Valid Drivers’ License required
- Experience operating crawler cranes beneficial but not necessary
- Experience operating in rough terrain cranes
- Minimum 5 plus years of related experience working in an industrial setting with heavy equipment
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated leadership in safety is essential in this role.
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Camp and Travel allowance provided
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or follow us on LinkedIn.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!