Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 042722
No. of Openings 1
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and we can help you build a career you’re proud of.
We are seeking an experienced Construction Surveyor located in Calgary, Alberta.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com
As a Construction Surveyor for our Calgary District, you will contribute to our team by:
- Conducting field surveys and operating survey instruments, and computer equipment to measure distance, angles, and elevations.
- Performing site layout for trade workers.
- Performing quality checks and as built on erected and build portions of structures.
- Preparation of detailed drawings, charts, survey notes and reports.
- Maintaining and using survey equipment such as a total station, builders level and GPS.
- Recording measurements and data obtained by field survey work.
- Performing light labouring tasks and cleanup as required to perform survey duties.
What you will bring to the role:
- Three to five years of relevant experience as a field surveyor, preferably in heavy civil or commercial construction.
- A valid diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent certification.
- Ability to use a builders level, total station and theodolite as required for the position.
- Ability to work with computer software including BIM 360, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge in survey related math and building practices.
- Ability to report to and work with the project superintendent and project management .
PCL is an innovative, safety-oriented company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work everyday. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants an will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!