Career Level Skilled Labour
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 5382
No. of Openings 1
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
Applicants who reside in Northwestern Ontario and have experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the Northwest Ontario, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the Impact Benefits Agreement (IBA) and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Ontario communities. (Indigenous) Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
About The Role
- Schedule: Shift 14/14 – 12 hour days with Camp and Travel Allowance
- Position Reports To: Construction Superintendent
Reporting to the Construction Superintendent, the Construction Surveyor provides survey, design, and material take-off support for the New Gold construction team, ensuring the construction activities comply with all engineering standards, specifications, and drawings.This role is a temporary 12 month contract.
- Ensure site compliance with mining regulations and follow New Gold safety, quality and environmental standards in all aspects of work
- Complete construction survey layout of cut/fills, roads, corridors, slopes, pipe runs etc.
- Complete construction as-built surveys of civil structures, stockpiles, pipelines etc.
- Provide locates and demarcation for underground utilities, instrumentation etc.
- Complete instrumentation surveys of settlement plates, monitoring pins, slope inclinometors etc.
- Produce volume calculations, as-builts, and designs in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and produce AutoCAD Civil 3D layout and material take-offs
- Operate survey drones and process drone data, hold or obtain required Transport Canada licensing
- Coordinate with Capital Projects team, contractors and other departments as necessary
- Preferably 3-5 years of experience working on heavy civil projects
- Must possess effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and decision making abilities
- Proficient with setting up base stations, survey equipment, and completing civil survey work
- Must be skilled in an unsupervised use of RTK GPS and Total Station systems including equipment setup and problem resolution
- Experience with operating drones to capture and analyze survey data
- Split time between office and field
- Driving in congested high traffic mining and construction areas
- Walking in similar congested/high traffic construction areas as well as more remote areas on site (uneven footing is commonplace)
- Frequent lifting/carrying of survey gear (typically less than 20kgs)
- Team environment with regularly scheduled and adhoc meetings
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Camp provided & Travel Allowance
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Please reference mytrades.ca in your application to this job posting!