Career Level Journeyman
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 047402
No. of Openings 1
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and we can help you build a career you’re proud of.
We are currently seeking experience Construction Field Supervisors for projects located in Calgary and Southern Alberta.
As a Field Supervisor for our Calgary District, you will contribute to our team by:
- Working with the project management team to help create, maintain and execute a project plan to ensure compliance with budget and construction schedule.
- Supervision and coordination of site construction activity including PCL own forces crews, and trade contractor scopes.
- Collaborating with the project team and trade contractors to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Creating site plans and safe work procedures.
- Ensuring implementation of PCL’s safety program to ensure compliance with health, safety and environment procedures.
- Coaching, training and mentoring project team members, and own forces crew Forepersons and Lead Hands.
- Performing some light labouring and/or Carpentry tasks as required within the scope of the job.
What you will bring to the role:
- Five or more years of experience in a construction field supervision role working on commercial, civil or residential scoped projects.
- A valid Journeyperson trade certificate, or a background in an Engineering Technology program.
- Proven experience in coordination of trade contractors and own forces workers for various construction projects.
- Experience and knowledge of implementing a strong safety culture and application of HSE polices and procedures.
- Ability to coordinate multiple project scopes and overlapping activities with varied trade contractor schedules.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Carpentery, concrete formwork and concrete experience considered an asset
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Employer paid health benefits including medical, eye care, dental, and prescription drug
- Paid overtime 1.5x regular rate
- Employer matching RRSP program
- Competitive wages
- Long term career opportunities
Please note – This position is based out of Calgary, Alberta and may require work out of town. Successful candidates must be willing to reside in Calgary and/or potentially work out of town.
PCL is an innovative, safety-oriented company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work everyday. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants an will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!