Career Level Certification
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 2
FRPD is an award-winning, forward-thinking organization that is focused on continual improvement. Employees of FRPD are expected to represent the company internally and externally in a professional manner that enhances the reputation of the company and reinforces its values. The Superintendent is responsible for optimal functioning of day-to-day field operations to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. The experienced and fully competent Superintendent implements the project plan and schedule, ensures safety and quality control, coordinates work with client representatives and other contractors and delegates work to field employees and subcontractors. Superintendents represent the company to external Stakeholders in a professional manner, one that reflects the value and integrity of the company and enhances FRPD’s position.
We are searching for two (2) experienced Construction Superintendents: one to fill a position in our Land Foundation business group and the other position will be primarily in marine based projects where experience in marine construction will be required.
- Demonstrate leadership in Health and Safety, Environment and Quality programs. Effectively applies the requirements of applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes as well as FRPD’s Integrated Management System (IMS) with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program or equivalent.
- Ensure that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, design drawings, and applicable codes and that high quality standards are maintained.
- Works with the Project team to develop, maintain, and drive the construction schedule including determine work methods, resource needs, equipment and materials required to meet project milestones and completion dates
- Work with project team to issue material and services purchase orders and confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment in accordance with company policy.
- Supervise field employees and sub-trades, makes sure their work is planned and performed efficiently, and makes sure their time / production sheets are accurately coded.
- Supervise sub-contractors to achieve all required project deliverables.
- Mentor project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Lead project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression.
- Maintain a thorough Superintendent’s daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections, and other relevant information.
- Perform other related duties as outlined in Operations Manual.
- Carry out other related duties and projects as required.
Education and Experience:
- Trade certification or diploma for technical training in an industry-related program
- 5 plus years of similar experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role (foreman) in marine construction and / or land foundations.
- Has supervised health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Solid understanding of current methods and practices
- Working knowledge of construction documents, contracts, costs, and budgets
- Working knowledge of scheduling and project management
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders needs, and identify solutions
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and stakeholders
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with scheduling software
- Ability to travel as required by project, extensive and prolonged travel is expected at times including out of town project work that could extend from a week to multiple months
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!