Career Level Post Secondary Education
Experience 7-10 Years
Posting ID BCH-T-5587-220616E1
No. of Openings 1
Union/Non Union Position
Training Provided Yes
Powered by water… and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We’re proud to be ranked as one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
- Holds work leadership responsibilities for, and performs the same duties as lower level
Construction Officers and other technical and clerical staff assigned to the project.
- May act as on-site BC Hydro representative with the associated authority to commit BC Hydro to
project activities and resulting costs.
- Participates in project planning, including providing input into draft tender documents;
participates in pre-job conferences with contractors and BC Hydro staff to ensure that contract
specifications are clearly understood and that work schedules are appropriate.
- Acts as a prime interface with project team members, local interest groups and other authorities.
- Identifies, researches and develops alternate strategies to overcome a variety of construction
and environmental problems on a project.
- Administers contracts, monitors project activities and maintains liaison with contractors/CBU,
ensuring that work materials, progress and costs meet BC Hydro’s expectations; resolves related
problems; certifies progress and final payments are correct and approves acceptable deviations
from contract specifications.
- Coordinates the work and inspects key operations; directs and evaluates testing, surveying and
- Acts as Site Safety Coordinator and ensures that contractors fulfill all safety and security
- Act as Project Controller in accordance with SPR requirements.
- Prepares reports of project activities and arranges for required permits and clearances.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the
- Completion of a National Diploma of Technology in either Civil & Structural or Electrical from an Institute of Technology or relevant trades apprenticeship course or equivalent.
- Plus additional training in contract law.
- And 7 years of related construction work experience.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE). http://moveuptogether.ca
- This position is headquartered in Fort St. John, BC and relocation is preferred because there are no fly in/fly out benefits.
- This location is eligible for Extended Health Care Medical Travel Benefit. The Extended Health Care Medical Travel Benefit is extended to Full-Time Regular, Part-Time Regular and Full-Time Temporary employees who are permanently working in eligible remote locations.
- This location is eligible for a Remote Incentive of 12%. Remote Incentives are paid bi-weekly to Full-Time Regular employees working in eligible remote locations.
- Driver’s License Type = Class 5
- Please be advised that this role has been assessed as safety sensitive and pre-qualification alcohol and drug testing will be required as a pre-condition to employment.
- Industrial/Commercial Construction experience in Electrical, Architectural, Fire Protection or HVAC will be considered an asset.
- BC Hydro employees will be required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated effective November 22, 2021.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively
engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com.
All BC Hydro employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week
HOW TO APPLY
Don’t forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to assess your application without any delays.