Career Level Management
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
With three decades of award-winning custom home building in British Columbia, our story is practically novel-worthy. Yet it is a story that our Okanagan construction team enjoys sharing on a personal level.
With years of experience in participating in some of the Okanagan Valley’s most prestigious real estate, our valued employees contribute significantly to our enviable reputation in this competitive industry.
Rykon Construction Management Ltd. is currently seeking a Construction Manager to join our team.
Site Related Responsibilities:
- Reports to and is accountable to Rykon’s Project Manager
- Responsible for the overall macro management of construction on specified site or sites
- Work as a team with the Project Coordinator.
- Produce schedules for review by Project Manager prior to commencement of construction
- Set schedules with copies to the office
- To Lock-up
- Weekly status report with ongoing communication to management
- Timely execution of schedules which are tied to the contract completion dates
- Scheduling and management of the day to day site operations with all trades suppliers and inspections
- Provide quantity take offs for all required aspects of the homes
- Ordering all materials needed to construct the homes
- Overseeing all of the safety related issues on site ie; first aid attendant, safety meetings, guard rails, fall protection and all other possible day to day safety issues
- Keep a clean and well organized site
- Maintain a high level of quality control
- Promote positive client, trade and Rykon relations
- Crisis management / trouble shooting / problem solving
- Monthly approval of invoices and work in place on site for each home
- Approval of time sheets and labour break down
- Receive and follow for all Colour and Finish
- Post the Colour and Finish and all Change Orders in home
- Review trades on a monthly basis
- Initiate applications for Gas and Electrical service
- Involved in trade selection
- Initiate COC insurance
- Obtain Occupancy Permit well in advance of closing and deliver to PM
- Responsible for all take-offs, labour & carpentry required for budget assembly
- Attend client meeting with PC when required
- Attend weekly construction meeting with Rykon’s Team
Please specify in your application to this posting the position you are applying for. Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!