Career Level Management
Experience More than 15 Years
Posting ID R-072982
No. of Openings 1
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Reporting to the Site Director, the Construction Manager will act as the senior EPCM Contractor’s representative on site.
- Manage and supervise the construction management team assigned to the Project.
- Responsible for overall construction activities and execution of the works in accordance with project cost, schedule, quality and HSSE objectives.
- ln conjunction with the HSSE Manager, the Construction Manager is responsible for leading, managing, assisting and monitoring all Contractors to provide a safe environment for all personnel during the construction phase.
- Ensuring that provisions have been made for resources and training necessary to carry out the project HSSE program and ensure that the policies and procedures are communicated and applied throughout the project site organization.
- Support the pre-operational verification activities to ensure that the facilities can be commissioned on time and within budget.
What will you contribute?
- 20+ years’ experience in Construction Management, either as a Contractor or an Owner’s Representative on large scale mining projects.
- Expert knowledge of materials means and methods, and equipment involved in the construction of heavy works.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting contract requirements, including contractor/client negotiations.
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to maintain professional and effective working relationships with Project Owner and related team.
- Advanced ability to engage team and drive performance.
- Expert knowledge in construction safety standards with ability to drive safety culture.
- Strong understanding of risk management.
- Results oriented with extremely high work ethic, stringent quality standards and can-do attitude.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!