Career Level Apprentice
Experience 4-6 Years
No. of Openings 1
Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
- Position: HVAC 4th Year Apprentice
- Type: Full Time
- Location: CNRL Horizon
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off (Compressed Work Schedule)
- Competitive market rates
- Vacation pay at 6% – paid out bi-weekly upon start date
- Health & Dental and Long-Term Disability Benefits– eligible after 3 months of continuous service
- $500 health spending account – 100% employer paid
- Employer paid Insurances
- RPP (Registered Pension Plan) with company matching
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program
- Progression and development opportunities
- Safety Recognition
- Years of Service Recognition – Annual
- Bouchier welcome gift and company swag
- Overtime available but not guaranteed
- Accommodations provided – Available dependent upon role/site
- Flights from Edmonton/Calgary hub – Available dependent upon role and work location
Bouchier is looking for a HVAC 4th Year Apprentice who is ambitious, hardworking and eager to learn new skills while supporting the organization in a variety of roles. They ensure the heating, cooling and ventilation systems in a building are always operational. This entails routine inspections and installation of new wiring systems. The HVAC 4th Year Apprentice makes recommendations pertaining to improvements that can be made. Repairing old parts and testing new parts are important tasks.
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC issues with customers in a way they understand
- Critical-thinker, problem-solver
- Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule
- Perform consultations with customers
- Determine customer needs and discuss all solution methods
- Install new heating, cooling, and ventilation systems
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools
- Troubleshoot current HVAC system issues
- Repair damaged HVAC systems
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and HVAC resources
- Must be able to work outside under adverse conditions
- Must be comfortable with working at heights
- Must be able to always maintain high level of safe work practices
Education & Experience:
- Apprentice Refrigeration Trade Certification
- Must hold HVAC technician license
- College Diploma/Certification preferred
- Minimum of 4 years experience required as an Apprentice
- Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants required
- 3+ years experience within an Industrial or Commercial Construction Projects
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Valid CSTS, OSSA (Oil Sands Safety Association) orientation if obtained prior to December 31st, 2018. otherwise, Valid CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
- Valid H2S Alive
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Previous oil sands site experience will be considered an asset
- Applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English
- Applicants must provide their own hand tools
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of your safety tickets and drivers abstract.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until suitable candidate is found. Typically, our postings stay open for 2 weeks.
Please apply online: Via: bouchier.ca/careers
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/
The Bouchier Group would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!