Career Level Certification
Experience Previous Experience
Northside Industries, an industry leader in the manufacturing and assembly of a variety of steel and aluminum fabrications for the Oil and Gas, Forestry, Heavy Duty Truck, and Mining sectors and is seeking a full-time Brake Press Operator for its West Kelowna, BC location.
Northside Industries has been serving their customers a wide variety of products for over 50 years, providing only the highest level of workmanship and service to exceed customers’ expectations.
Northside Industries requires a positive, team-oriented individual who can contribute to the growth of the company. In this role you will be reporting directly to the Plant Manager.
We are filling a Monday to Friday 2:30pm – 11:00pm Shift.
- Set-up and Operation of a CNC machines that may include Laser tables, Sanding equipment, Waterjet Tables, and Press Brakes.
- Program selection
- Tooling Selection
- Reading and Interpreting technical drawings
- Measuring parts using a variety of tools and ensuring all parts meet quality requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good computer skills
- Proven skills to interpret and understand technical drawings including tolerances
- Selecting correct tooling to match necessary forming of parts
- Forming a varied range of parts, and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Familiar with te3sting and measuring devices
- Ability to read metric and imperial measuring devices
- Ability to work shift work if necessary
- High attention to detail
- Proven team player
- Strong work ethic
- Preference will be given to those with CNC Brake Press programming software experience
- Things you can expect from Northside Industries:
- Training, training, training: whether it be your first year of welding, or you have years of experience, Northside Industries invests in formal training and cross-training to ensure you are always honing your craft
- Clean, indoor working environment: leave the cold and heat outside and enjoy the comfort of working indoors in a clean workplace at a bench of your own
- Great team: Renowned as a great place to work, Northside is proud of its team and puts a great deal of effort into ensuring people stay because they are happy and taken care of.
- Benefits: offered after 3 months of work
- Northside Industries also offers a signing bonus of $500 upon successful completion of the 90-day probation period.Northside Industries offers competitive compensation packages, benefits, incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Northside Industries holds quality and welding certification through ISO 9001:2015 and CWB respectively.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com in either PDF or Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please quote “mytrades.ca” in your response to this posting.