Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience 10-15 Years
No. of Openings 1
WHY CHOOSE COPPER MOUNTAIN MINE?
The mine is located approximately twenty kilometers south of the community of Princeton, British Columbia at the center of the Similkameen Valley. Princeton offers a variety of activities for every season. The Kettle Valley Railway makes up part of the TransCanada trail that goes right through town. The area boasts miles of trails for hiking, off road vehicle fun, includes plenty of lakes for fishing, kayaking, and camping. The community offers something for everyone and interests, such as golfing, yoga, karate, highland dance, curling, bowling and hockey. You have proximity to both the Lower Mainland and the Okanagan within in a two-hour or less drive, that offers a variety of fun-filled activities. Princeton quickly become a popular place to call home. If you like working with people in a diverse fast-paced environment that offers a work-life balance unlike that of the big city; this could be the opportunity for you. Our power is through our people, our teams, bringing the right skills together to achieve higher performance, productivity, and reward.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
At Copper Mountain Mine, we see our environmental responsibilities as an integral component in our
operations requiring a conscientious effort to minimize our environmental footprint. We are committed to achievable Health and Safety standards. We prioritize Aboriginal and Community Outreach. We have a robust development and organic growth pipeline highlighting with our Princeton, BC mine as our flagship asset producing 100 million pounds of copper equivalent per year. We understand that is our people who bring a blend of skills and experience that see every problem having a solution and leverages that mix of talent As a CHIEF METALLURGIST, reporting to the Mill manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and leading the metallurgy team.
Your work will include:
- Accountability for the definition, implementation, monitoring and optimization of the Milling process and performance.
- Reporting and analyzing daily, weekly, and monthly KPI’s and providing technical and operational support to ensure KPI’s are reached.
- Integral in development and implementation of continuous plant improvements through small scale and large scale projects.
- Critical team member in ensuring company safety standards are followed across site.
- Oversight of the metallurgical department; providing guidance and development to the team and
managing the metallurgical structure and resources for optimizing metallurgical performance in the plant.
- Support operations in developing and providing technical training through documentation and traning programs.
- In conjunction with the Mill Manager, support the development of the annual mill production budget through 1 –3 –5 year planning.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Part of Net zero by 2035 aligned with the Paris Agreement.
- Strong foundation with sustainable copper growth.
- Long life assets, low risk and high returns.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Strength in a diverse and inclusive workforce
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR? (Qualifications)
- Degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or Mineral Processing with a minimum of 10 years’
- Experienced in Copper Porphyry Flotation and comminution processes
- Must be registered or able to register with EGBC
- Previous experience as a Chief Metallurgist, or extensive experience in a Senior Metallurgist role
- Experience in supervision of technical personnel
- Strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills
Copper Mountain Mine is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.